All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development for conducting an annual web-based survey, thereby portraying the status of higher education in the country with reference date of 30th September, 2010 to build a robust database and to assess the correct picture of higher Education in the country. A key principle of the system is that it must be completely independent and transparent.
Anna Adarsh College for Women has been a part AISHE since 2012 and is willingly engaged in the exercise annually.
The main objectives of the survey is to
- Identify & capture all the institutions of higher learning in the country
- Collect the data from all the higher education institutions on various aspects of higher education
Data is being collected on following broad items:
- Institution’s Basic Details
- Teacher’s Details
- Details of Non-Teaching Staff
- Programme conducted under various Faculties/Schools & Departments/Centres
- Students enrolled in these Programme
- Examination result of terminal year of each Programme
- Financial Information such as Receipt and Expenditure under various heads
- Availability of Infrastructure
- Scholarships, Loans & Accreditation
A Task Force was constituted with stake-holders from Ministry of Education, University Grants Commission, All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India, Indian Institute of Agricultural Statistics Research Institute, Central Statistics Office, Distance Education Council, National University of Education Planning & Administration, Universities, State Higher Education Departments to conceptualize the Survey and to provide technical guidance. Keeping in view the importance of the information gathered through the survey, the Task Force has made the survey of data collection on higher education in the country an annual exercise. This survey is useful in making policy decisions and research for development of education sector.