As per National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC of Anna Adarsh College becomes a part of the institution’s system and works towards the realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the college. The IQAC aims to develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution. It promotes measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The IQAC evolves mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensure relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- Setup credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance, and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution, Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education, Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes, Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement are the functions of the IQAC.